There are lots of methods to copy the text from an image. For this purpose there are lots of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software available, that can extract text from an image. Today we are going to show you how to copy the text from an image without any OCR software. You don’t need to install any OCR software to do this.
Technique #01 Using Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote is the best note application powered by Microsoft. It has a great feature to taking notes, collaborating with users with lots of features. Since 2007 Microsoft OneNote came with an OCR feature and the user can extract the text from any images. Following steps helps you to copy the text from an image.
- Open the Microsoft OneNote application from the start menu.
- Find the Insert tab from the ribbon and click on it.
- On this tab, you will find a Pictures menu icon and then click on it.
- A popup dialog box appears after clicking the Pictures menu.
- Browse your desire image files and click the Insert button.
- Now you see this image on this current page and do a right click on it.
- A context menu will appear and then click on Copy Text from Picture item.
- Paste the text into this page below the image or anywhere like notepad word etc.
Accuracy will not be perfect, almost the accuracy rate is 98%. You can manually change the mistake. It’s simple.
Technique #02 Using Online OCR
The most popular online OCR convert website is https://www.onlineocr.net/ You can also extract your text from PDF and convert it into an editable doc, excel file also. They support 46 languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean. The service is totally free. There are two modes to provide their service, one is guest mode and another is registered user mode.
Features of Guest mode
- Limited service.
- 15 images conversion per hour.
Register User mode
- Additional features.
- Recognition large images.
- ZIP archives
- Multipage PDF.
- Choose recognition languages.
- Convert into editable formats.
Online OCR also supports the following –
- Automatic image rotation.
- Full page deskews on images.
- Black and white images from color and grayscale file.
- Retain non-text color regions for reinsertion into the output document.
- Go to https://www.onlineocr.net/
- Find the section Convert Scanned PDF to WORD.
- Click on the Select File button.
- Browse the image (max size 15MB) and click the Open button.
- Select the language from the drop-down.
- Select the output format from the drop-down.
- Fill the captcha in the text box called “Enter Captcha Code“.
- Click the Convert button.
- After a short delay, you will see all the extracted text in a text field.
- You can copy it from here.
- Also, you can find a link called “Download Output Format“.
- Just click on it and a file will be download with your selected output format.
Those are the really simple and most effective technique to copy the text from an image without having any OCR software.
Thanks for being with the cssanimation.io team. Hope you guys enjoy this tutorial.